Thunder Questions & Answers
A wise person suggested that we have a question and answer section on the website in regards to the difference between the competitions. If I missed something or you need more informations please get in touch. Here we go:-
Saturday EDJBA is The Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association (EDJBA) is the largest junior competition in Australia, boasting over 1,200 teams & close to 10,000 participants.
- Competition starts with Under 8’s and continues through to Under 20’s
- EDJBA competition all year round (excluding school holidays) and it is broken into two seasons; Summer and Winter.
- Summer season is from October to March (Under 8’s – Under 20’s) and Winter season is from April to September (Under 9’s – Under 19’s).
- The games are played on a Saturday from 8:30am to 9:00pm with the younger age groups playing up until the afternoon (we have the chance to request game time for this competition if a player works, attends school etc).
- Each game runs for 2 x 20 minute halves and is always played indoors.
- Games are located at various venues; predominantly within the Eastern Suburbs
- Our home venue is Rangeview Primary School, Mitcham.
Monday and Friday - Nunawading Basketball is home to the Melbourne East Basketball Association (MEBA) offering regular, structured competition for boys, girls, mixed, men's and women's divisions starting from under 8 through to under 23 and open age. Season's run the same as EDJBA but with a few minor differences.
Monday and Friday competitions are played at the Nunawading Basketball Centre, Forest Hill Secondary College and Mullauna Secondary College with weekend matches held at Nunawading Basketball Centre and a number of additional venues within close proximity of Nunawading Basketball Centre and it's member clubs.
The Senior Domestic Competition caters for adults of all ages. The minimum age to qualify for senior domestic competition is 15 years of age. With a variety of sections, competitions are available for every one of all abilities and daytime ladies.
Competitions run from Sunday afternoon through to Thursday nights. All senior domestic competition operate within Nunawading Basketball Centre, and at either one of our satellite venues Forest Hill College or Mulluana Secondary College.
Competitions are conducted for Open Age Men and Women, Daytime Ladies (Monday mornings only) and open mixed competitions (Tuesday Night & Sunday Afternoon). Mitcham Thunder will have 5 open age teams next season and if you are interested in putting together a team please get in touch.